PhiViz is a family of projects that aim to visualize concepts in the history of philosophy. To date, we have focused on visualizing and interpreting Nietzsche's use of various concepts.
Virtue in Nietzsche's Drive Psychology
A Schooling in Contempt: Emotions and the Pathos of Distance
- Alfano, M. (under contract). Nietzsche's Socio-Moral Psychology. Cambridge University Press.
- Alfano, M. (under contract) Nietzsche's affective perspectivism as a philosophical methodology. In P. Loeb & M. Meyer (eds.), Nietzsche's Metaphilosophy. Cambridge University Press.
- Alfano, M. (forthcoming). Digital humanities for history of philosophy: A case study on Nietzsche. In T. Neilson, L. Levenberg, D. Rheams, & M. Thomas (eds.), Handbook of Methods in the Digital Humanities. Rowman & Littlefield.
- Alfano, M. (forthcoming). The epistemic function of contempt and laughter in Nietzsche. In M. Mason (ed.), The Moral Psychology of Contempt. Rowman & Littlefield.
- Alfano, M. (forthcoming). Virtue in Nietzsche's drive psychology. In T. Stern (ed.), The New Cambridge Companion to Nietzsche. Cambridge University Press.
- Alfano, M. (2017). A schooling in contempt: Emotions and the pathos of distance. In P. Katsafanas (ed.), Routledge Philosophy Minds: Nietzsche. Routledge.