With the generous support of 4TU.NIRICT, DHEPCAT will host a workshop and masterclass December 14-15 in Amsterdam at De Waag Society, located at Nieuwmarkt 4 in Amsterdam. On December 14, talks will be given on the topic of digital humanities, social epistemology, and virtue theory in a post-truth society. The keynote will be delivered by data journalist Jonathan Albright. On December 15, Albright and DHEPCAT lab members will teach a hands-on masterclass on digital humanities methods for philosophers. To participate, submit either an abstract (for presentation on December 14) or an expression of interest (for admission to the masterclass) to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2017. Travel stipends are available for graduate students and junior researchers without their own funding.
During lab meetings we discuss ongoing projects. Members are affiliates are welcome to join these meetings. Contact the director or lab manager to RSVP and for details.
- June 2, 2 PM, Delft University of Technology
- May 19, 2 PM, Delft University of Technology
- May 3, 3 PM, Eindhoven Technical University
- April 19, 2 PM, Delft University of Technology
- March 31, 2 PM, Delft University of Technology
- Mark Alfano: Virtues for Agents in Directed Social Networks, APA Pacific Division Conference, Seattle (April 2017)
- Mark Alfano: Virtues for Agents in Directed Social Networks, Character and Responsibility Conference, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (April 2017)
- Richard Sluijs & Mark Alfano: Reflections on The Complete Lexicon of Crisis-Related Suicides (February 2017)
- Arianna Betti: Creating a Computational History of Ideas.
- Mark Alfano: A Schooling in Contempt: Emotions and the Pathos of Distance. Distant Reading and Data-Driven Research in the History of Philosophy Conference (DR2), University of Turin (January 2017)
- Mark Alfano: The Logic of Communities of Trust, OZSW Conference, University of Groningen (December 2016)
- Mark Alfano: Grief and Conflict, University of Fribourg, Switzerland (November 2016)
- Mark Alfano: The Logic of Communities of Trust, Morality, Moral Philosophy, and the Humanities in the Age of Neuroscience Conference, Kent State University (November 2016)
- Mark Alfano: The Logic of Communities of Trust, University of Edinburgh (November 2016)
- Mark Alfano: Telling, Listening, Remembering, Retelling: A Holistic Framework for Testimonial Ethics, Aretai Center Conference on Connecting Virtues, University of Genoa (September 2016)
- Mark Alfano: Extended Knowledge, the Recognition Heuristic, and Epistemic Injustice, University of Wellington, New Zealand (May 2016)
- Mark Alfano: The Logic of Communities of Trust, University of Waikato, New Zealand (May 2016)
- Mark Alfano: Mapping Human Values, Macquarie University, Australia (May 2016)